1.07.2011

The Adventures of the Three Colors

a3c4

a3c2

a3c3

Neat!
Day Glo printed acetate pages make magic in the 1971 kids' book The Adventures of the Three Colors, by Annette Tison and Talus Taylor (of Barbapapa fame). It tells the tale of a boy named Herbie and his dog Angelo, who are out one day and see a rainbow, which inspires Herbie to want to paint some pictures, but the only colors he has are red, yellow, and blue. And he soon finds out those are all he needs, as he has a penchant for painting his animals much too close to each other- actually always overlapping.

a3c6

Like too many other things, we have two of these- the original edition and the clunkily revised, definite article-free 1980 edition.




Pin It

5 comments:

Burgin Streetman said...

can't believe I've never seen this.... errrr.

carrie @ brick city love said...

I used to have this book when I was a kid. One of my favorites. I wonder if my mother still has it...

ahoi! said...

Woah. Nice! I've never seen a Tison/Taylor book that wasn't Barbapapa related.
Roger Duvoisin made a book about colour separation as well, called 'See What I Am' (without the acetates, of course).

b said...

that is one super awesome book.

Kelly said...

Seriously want this book so much!